Welcome to this week’s edition of Just the Facts where I am your guide, bringing you little known snippets of information that you can delight family, friends and colleagues with.
Once again, to convince you of my credentials as a reliable source of facts, I remind you that I am on the internet, a place where facts are as common as bathplugs and likewise come in all shapes and sizes – but are mostly circular and designed to bung a yawning gap.
This week is a more mundane week in the Just The Facts series as it has no overarching theme. After the frankly exhaustive research involved in getting so many thematically linked facts together for the last two weeks, we’re settling down to the more normal seven equally unbelievable but not loosely connected facts. This is also representative of the way my brain works.
- Because it was done in alphabetical order, Aardvs were the first animals on the ark. To commemorate them being first, Noah allowed them to add ‘ark’ to their name
- Fracking sometimes results in unwanted pregnancies
- Before designing phones and stuff for Apple, Jonny Ive starred in a film called ‘Short Circuit’
- Some people who run for charities also run for buses
- Tins of baked beans do not have expiry dates printed on them. They have a half-life
- Shampoo really is made of fake shit
- On average, the Acid-Spitting Fire-Breathing Seven Razor-Clawed Exploding Dragon kills 1.26 people per week accidentally
Come back next week for more facts that are just like these but slightly different.