Welcome to this week’s edition of Just the Facts where I am your guide bringing you little known snippets of information that you can delight family, friends and colleagues with.
Once again, to convince you of my credentials as a reliable source of facts, I remind you that I am on the internet, a place where facts are as common as statistics and therefore 110% accurate.
As per usual there are seven core facts, owing to the one a day frequency of needing an apple to keep the doctors away.
- Archetype is a printing font made entirely of upside down u’s
- Memory foam mattresses get very uncomfortable talking about dementia
- Until it was made illegal in 1182, due to the rising number of broken arms, Princesses kissed swans not frogs
- Camera Obscura is the latin name for a lens cap
- A porcupine got its name because when it was roasted over pine it tasted just like pork. It also came with toothpicks
- In America, if you turn on the tap you’ve probably really excited a dancer
- In Great Britain, if you turn on a faucet everyone will think you tried to force it
Come back next week to learn more interesting facts, there’s bound to be something you didn’t know already.