Welcome to this week’s edition of Just the Facts, where I will be bringing you little known snippets of information that you can share with your family, friends and colleagues and thereafter bask in the glory of being family chief know-it-all for as long as it takes to type ‘Snopes’.
I feel it falls upon me to convince you of my credentials as a reliable source of facts. I remind you that this site is on the internet, a place where everything is vetted, by vets, and can only then be put down.
This week there are seven facts. There were going to be eight but one failed the polygraph.
- Before eating her first husband, a female black widow spider is just a female black spider
- Despite thorough investigations by people pretending to look for an old but favourite pair of shoes, the wardrobe which leads to Narnia has never been found again
- Before door bells, there were door knockers. Before that, callers had to stand around outside your house waiting for you to go out
- Razor blades are sharper than razor fish
- Clown fish are funnier than clowns
- Eating a cream doughnut burns more calories than thinking about eating a cream doughnut
- If you are in a rush and can’t wait for the sunny weather, you can take your own tomatoes down to the tanning salon to make sun-dried tomatoes
Come back next week when quite probably there will be more of this sort of thing here. Unless they all fail the polygraph.